Hi, i'm Carlos Perez!
Full Stack Web Developer
I am a self-taught, hard working full stack web developer with more than six years of commercial experience. I take pride in my work and I am always looking to push forward the best practice for development and ensure a high level of attention to detail.
Carlos Perez Sanchez
9 Jul 1986 - Alicante, Spain
Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering
University of Alicante - 2012
Key skills: Internet programming, web programming, computer engineering, mathematics algorithms, algebra, infinitesimals, probability and statistics, advanced algorithms, object oriented and data structures, databases, rapid application development, project management...
Senior Backend Developer - Remotely for Genk BELGIUM, 2016 - Current
EMBARCADERO TECHNOLOGIES INC
Senior Web Designer - Remotely for San Francisco EEUU, 2013 - 2016
As a responsible engineer of the Embarcadero Developer Network (EDN), I am working in a department of 8 web developers and 2 designers remotely from the Spanish office. My main tasks are designing, implementing and maintaining the EDN and making tools and API’s for the company.
- Designed, implemented and maintained Embarcadero’s social network. Fixed bugs and created new features for the members. I have managed to solve issues identifying performance bottlenecks in the frontend. Also I created components and plugins for the website to improve the functionalities.
- I found a solution for the migrations from legacy databases to the new ones. The company had problems fitting the content in the current databases so I have been researching and creating a script to match the database structure.
- I resolved the issue of giving data to different applications from our system by developing different Rest API for each needed.
- I have developed an API to track all the downloads and installations for all the Embarcadero products to find problems during these kinds of processes from the customers and solve them.
- I made a plan to migrate the Community social network to micro services to improve the performance.
GT LAW SOLICITORS
Senior Web developer - Liverpool offices UNITED KINGDOM, 2012 – 2013
As a team member of the GT Law IT department, I was responsible for programing the intranet system for the company. It was the contact way between all the offices around the United Kingdom. It was the most important tool for the company so the system could not be offline or have bugs.
- Designed, implemented and maintained GT Law Intranet. Fixed bugs and created new features for the employees. The system was used to send private information to the central office, so it was necessary to prevent any security problems and quickly respond to these kinds of bugs. Also, the data was sent encrypted to avoid privacy problems and all the connections with the intranet were SSL.
- I developed a web application to create wills online in 10 minutes. The website allowed you to make your own will with infinite options and pay for it, and then it was signed by a lawyer and sent to your home. This application reached a lot of people and the company made a lot of money.
- I resolved problem of calculating conveyancing quotes when customers needed to buy or rent a property by developing a system to do it online and for free. This system had frontend and backend parts for different user types, administrators, commercials, customers, offices etc.
ESTADOS BINARIOS LTD
Founder and CEO - Remotely for different countries, 2011 – 2012
My entrepreneurship mind drove me to build my own company and work for different customers. I had some interesting projects from different companies and I worked as a freelance for them, I have also hired developers and designers for the projects I couldn’t develop alone. The other parts of the company involved working on my own projects.
- I found a solution for each company project that fitted in their needs. The majority of projects were web applications (driving schools, phone companies, photographers websites, bouncy castles…) and online stores (travel agent companies, sport shop...) (see more)
- The most well known driving school in Alicante called Florida, whose customers increased by 120% with the new website and the work on social networks.
- Franjiverdes: One of my projects was awarded (see more on the awards section).
PHP Developer - Alicante offices SPAIN, 2010 – 2011
At NitsNets I gained the majority of my skills as a PHP developer. I was involved in large scale projects for well known European companies.
- Bug fixing and development of functions on projects. Working with MVC frameworks and Facebook/Twitter API’s and creating various functions to automate tasks for the database.
90% CompleteHTML / CSS 90%
90% CompleteAPI REST 90%
90% CompletePHP 90%
90% CompleteMySQL 90%
85% CompleteSQL Server 85%
60% CompleteMongoDB 60%
70% CompleteInterBase / Firebird SQL 70%
90% CompleteLaravel 90%
60% CompleteCodeIgniter 60%
75% CompleteZend Expressive 75%
75% CompleteSilex Framework 75%
I enjoy travelling to different countries and learning about new cultures. I don't mind taking flights if I'm going to discover new places.
When I am able to, I like travelling to different countries to watch football matches. I really enjoy watching this sport.
I have a passion for reading about new technologies and programming. Nowadays, the world is continuously changing and we are never able to keep up with everything and there is always something new to learn. Therefore I continue to learn daily in order to improve my professional skills.
Send me a message
+34 695 18 78 38